Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Day Before

Well, I got my cats down to my Mom's place. It went better than expected. Stanley would bitch when I took a turn too fast and then Londo would back him up. Other than that they were good. Stan seemed to remember the place from three years ago pretty much right away. Londo took a couple of steps out of the car and then went back in the car. I had to pick him up and set him outside and feed him a bit before he started relaxing. Then he went under the car. After about an hour he saw I was feeding Stan and came a running for the trailer. I spent the night with them in the trailer and Stan did the usual good job of keeping my feet warm. Sometime in the middle of the night Londo jumped up on the bed purring up a storm. He licked my nose, nibbled on my fingers like he hadn't done in years. I think they'll be ok while I'm away.

Had a good visit with the folks. As I got there Orb was taking the old boat down the tram. I had to look after the cats so I couldn't join him. My folks just bought a new boat so he was taking the old boat to his brother's launch site to put on a trailer and pull out for the last time. Mom soon had to go show a property and took their dog Coco with her. So it was me and my buds rediscovering the S&S Ranch. Orbie got back with the boat really fast so we got to catch up on things and reintroduce him to Stanley and Londo. Mom came back with Coco about an hour later and by then the cats were feeling ok with the situation. We spent the night talking, having a great dinner and watching some great stunt shooters on TV. I went to bed early and didn't even open my last beer.

Mom made me a big breakfast this morning and I headed out ready to get the few things left to do done knowing my buds are in good hands.

I picked up some Nicorette, a power adapter and some decent headphones at Wally World and triple-checked what I needed on my laptop. Fitting everything you need into a laptop bag is a challenge, but I did it.

So come tomorrow, I'm Hawaii bound !

Let you know how it goes !

Aloha !

No comments:

Hawaii